For years now we’ve seen consistent trends indicating certainties such as consumers watching video ads while browsing the internet. Now more than ever those videos influence consumer purchasing habits. This brings up the question, is video marketing right for you? If so, where should you use it?
To help those on the fence with regards to their own video marketing we’ve put together the answers to commonly asked questions.
Is video marketing expensive?
Video marketing is only as expensive as the budget you’re working with. There are lots of ways to create effective affordable videos. What business leaders need to focus on concerning the cost of video marketing is the fact that video marketing efforts help grow the business which should grow the budget.
Once a business leader starts to focus on the value of the content delivered in a quality presentation the cost becomes justifiable. Getting too creative, or attempting to be too ‘Shocking”, will not only bust the budget but also limits the business’ ability to convey the message.
Where should you use video marketing?
Videos should be placed on every page of your website.
- Digital marketing studies show having a video on your landing page increased your chances by 53% of being found on Google’s page 1 for your targeted key phrases.
- Having a page 1 SERP listing is a challenge and if you’re in a highly competitive industry where a conversion is highly valuable then having videos will place you first before competitors who do not use videos.
- Increasing your page 1 rank chances by 53% makes a strong case for increasing the budget to include even more videos in your digital marketing.
- Whether you summarize in a talking head style video or use motion graphics to create an explainer video, your video content is a great way to make the most of your video marketing.
Include video with your blog posts.
- You spend a lot of time on your blog posts. Video content on your blog can have just as much value as being on your landing page. Why not include the info as a video and increase the chances of that information reaching more people?
- When you create blog content that users love they link to it in their own content marketing. Anyone marketing online knows the value of a strong link from a reputable website.
- SEO authority moz.com found that by providing a video along with the blog’s text and images you expand your reach by 3X and that means 3X the users and 3X the link earning.
Should video marketing replace your blog?
- Video marketing should be the centerpiece of your blog. In 2017 online videos is expected to represent 69% of all global consumer online traffic and 69% is obviously not a number you can ignore.
- User’s expectations and habits vary per industry and niche within so add videos to your blog are more effective than switching over altogether.
How do you know if video marketing is right for you?
- If you have some uncertainties you can always try some A/B testing between pages and posts and see how your engagement is with your users. You likely won’t affect your rank too much with just 1 video so check your Google Analytics to evaluate the performance.
- Additionally, for further insight, you can also utilize the analytics from social platforms you share the content through. Google My Business does the best job; Twitter has some interesting aspects; Facebook is limited to only what Facebook wants to release to its users; Pinterest has limited reach for most industries; YouTube still has the best stats you can review to see how well your video content is viewed once you added a video.
- You can even reuse old content by adding a video and sharing it again. Then look at the first round of marketing’s stats vs. the stats after you added your video.
There is no doubt a video centric digital marketing strategy is the most effective way to draw attention to your product or services. To get started today, contact SyncLab Media to learn more about how a Digital Marketing Roadmap can guide you to success.